Tuesday, 18 October 2016

Exciting News pt 2...


What's my exciting news?

I just bought myself a new car!!!

Used some of my book royalties and spoilt myself with a sexy hot little number.

I bought a Holden Trax Active - it's got an electric sunroof, roof racks, rear view camera plus all the knobs and whistles inside.

I'm now driving around in a bright Blaze Red one and naturally I bought a manual. The only time in the past 40 years that I've driven an auto was when mine was getting it's new roof and I hated every second of it. I mean it was nice to drive but ...

I love my RAV4 - it was a fabulous car. So easy to drive but it was getting old. I bought it new in 2004 and it only had 56,500ks on the clock but the value had gone way down.

It seemed like this was the right time to buy something new and get something tangible with my book royalties.

So I picked it up today and drove over to show my DIL (it's her birthday today so wanted to say HB too).

Very easy to drive - different from the RAV but just as easy. Same size as the RAV so I haven't lost any 'space' by changing cars.

Couldn't put it in reverse at first - then discovered you have to push a button on the stick. Kind of like the old beetles (my first car was a 1953 bug) that you had to push down to select reverse...DOH!

Played with all the gizmos - had the sunroof open as I drove along. Plenty of room inside. My DIL is 6'4 and she found the front passenger seat very roomy and comfortable.

Have to say it looks great in my driveway .... haha.

Now I'll have to get busy and write some more books ....

No comments:

Post a Comment