Friday, 27 February 2015

Ramblings

Nothing exciting going on at the moment. I've been working on edits for my latest book and today I started another painting - a surfer on a wave. Really looking forward to getting away in May. I am hoping to get a few paintings done while I'm there.

Have to take a trip to my favourite art supply shop in Ryde - there are a few things I need. An A3 watercolour pad to take away rather than loose sheets and I have run out of a few colours.

When I went onto the website for the Mogo Zoo near Bateman's Bay - I'm hoping to go there one of the days I'm away - and they have Western Lowland Gorillas! I'm so excited I love them and they are fabulous to paint. Hope to get some pics I can use as reference.

They also have Meerkats and Giraffe so hopefully lots of photo opportunities for me to take pics for reference.
I have a couple of books due out soon plus some are now available in print.

I know I'm an author because I get a royalty cheque every three months but when you have a book that you can hold in your hand it seems more real!

At the moment four of my books are now available in paperback and by the end of the year that number could be ten!  It is so exciting to see them on my bookshelf .... lol

Gone back to blonde on the hairstyle front - I liked the red but I'm so grey underneath that as it grows out the red looked horrid.

So I think I will stick to the light colours.  Because of the dark red that was in my hair, it now is a pale mushroomy pink ... lol. So I will be going back to having bright streaks to give it a bit of 'wow' factor.  

Was sent this on the Internet the other day and thought it was funny - fits me to a 't'.

One of my author friends sent it to me.  He and his partner live in the US and writes some great books.

If nothing else, I have made some great author friends. The fact that I sell books is just the cherry on top .... who would have thunk it! 


No comments:

Post a Comment