Sunday, 8 February 2015

Holidays ....

Shocked myself .... lol.  I'd always wanted to go to Kakadu and Uluru and thought I'd make some enquiries as to costs.

WOW!

It's cheaper to go overseas.

Just the fares and accommodation for 5 days in Kakadu were over $6000 then you had to add the Uluru costs which were up around $3000 for a few days. Then airfares.

So scrap that idea.

Thought then about the Indian Pacific to Adelaide then the The Ghan to Alice and Darwin and that was even more expensive!

 It's just crazy to know that travel in Australia is so expensive!

I know we are a big country but you would think tourism Australia would try and make things more affordable so more people would travel.

Oh well, back to the drawing board.

Back to thinking of staying a few days on a beach somewhere. I could paint all day, maybe drive into the mountains if I felt like it.

Of course I have to decide where - south to somewhere like Gerringong or Bateman's Bay or north Port Stephens or Port Macquarie.  I must admit I'm leaning toward south - quieter.

How nice it would be if I knew someone who had a holiday place on the coast somewhere south NSW.

But as I don't I now just have to decide where and when :)

No comments:

Post a Comment