Friday, 26 September 2014

Painting .....

Needed a break from writing and, as I had a wonderful photograph, decided to do a little painting.

A friend of mine from the FB photo group posted this amazing shot a few months ago.  I asked for, and got, permission to use it as a painting reference.

You have to admit it is an amazing photo.  The detail in it is fabulous.

So I went through all my photos trying to decide what to paint when this leaf just jumped out at me.  Spent the last few days working on it and I think I'm happy with it.

Posted it on my art blog.

Now I have to decide what I want to paint next.  I have about 45-50 photos from the group.  Each one has something magical about it, so it is such a hard decision.

Then each day more get posted and I find myself adding to my growing list .. lol.

There are some amazing photographers in my group - this is just a small selection of the photos I've got permission to use as reference.

 




No comments:

Post a Comment