Monday, 30 June 2014

Aging .....

Well July starts tomorrow .... for me it is a milestone, or rather will be.  I turn 65 in July so I will officially become a 'senior Australian' ..... rotfl.

To me it is just another number. Don't feel like I am 65 most of the time, in fact, in my head I am still in my mid 20s.   It is just the times you look in the mirror properly and realise that a few more years have crept by.

Or when you talk with your grandchildren and realise just how old they are.

I must admit that the years seem to go much faster as we age.  As a child the weeks seemed to drag by - it felt like we waited  years for the school holidays to roll around. But as the years pass the days and weeks fly by.

So much to do and so little time .... lol.

I have decided if I want to do all the things I have planned at this moment in time I will have to live until I am at least 230.  Now to just figure out how .... lol.

I have sent my latest book off to my beta readers so until that returns I have gone back to the paintbrush.  Have few ideas for another couple of books but waiting until I get some feedback from betas.

An online friend of mine found this great photograph and sent me the link.  I immediately contacted the owner and got permission to use it.

Still have a long way to go before it is finished but I must admit I am very happy with the way it is progressing.

I enjoy painting portraits of older people, usually I choose men as they seem to have more detail in their faces and their eyes.  But when I saw this sweetie I knew she was meant to be painted.

I love the character, the lines, the stories in their eyes that you get from someone who has lived a long life.   Each one of those lines has a story to tell and their eyes would fill a hundred or more books.

No comments:

Post a Comment