Monday, December 30, 2013

Roll on 2014 .....

Well, the year is drawing to a close and I, for one, am happy.  I will be very pleased to see the arrival of 2014 and it won't have to do much to be an vast improvement on this one.

I really hate this time of the year; the rest of the year I have no problems being and living alone.  But the Christmas/New Year time seems to accentuate the fact that you are alone.  Things are geared for doing with others even more than any other time of the year.  I gave a sigh of relief when Christmas was finally over.

New Year's eve is next on the list - I intend to go to bed and sleep through the whole thing.....lol.... after dancing naked through the kitchen.

My Photo-a-Day Facebook group has been a challenge this month as it was geared toward Christmassy things.  I managed to post a photo each day without anything seasonal in them.

Struggling to think of what to do for tomorrow; the prompt is - Celebrate - I am celebrating that it (the season) is over .... lol.

Todays prompt was - You - and we had been dared to take a selfie without makeup, no sunglasses, no photoshopped touch ups, etc.

This is mine .... lol.   Over 64 years of laugh lines, no make up, hair not done ....*cringe* ... dimples showing ....

Still it was a very empowering challenge and a lot of the group have taken the prompt to heart and posted untouched photos.

Making good strides with my novel; already written over 65,000 words - will probably end up with around 70,000 - 75,000.

Whether it ends up shoved in a drawer or gets published remains to be seen.  Who knows - maybe this is the start of a new career? ...... rotfl.

1 comment:

Lindi said...

I hope 2014 is a wonderful and successful year for you Soozii! <3