Friday, 22 November 2013

Weather, Presents, Pups and Psychics ...... .

Trying to decide what colour to go when my next hair appointment comes up mid December ....  I'm thinking purple where the pink is - been bright pink now for the last few months so I am thinking a change of colour is in order.

Lousy photo (not that I can ever take a reasonable one ..  )  - just realised .... no makeup, horrid angle and old painting gear on ..... rotfl.

Would have loved to have been one of those beautiful women who seem ageless, are unforgettable and have beautiful features - but still I am happy with who I am and maybe being a little quirky and looking slightly different is my thing ...... ROTFL!

As I have mentioned in previous posts we have not had much rain in the last 6 months and the ground was dry and brittle.  The last few days we have had a couple of thunderstorms and, amazingly, there has been around 25cm of rain in that time over Blacktown.

I say amazingly, because for some weird reason we tend to miss a lot of the rain.  It can rain heavily a couple of kms away but often we get nothing at all; so to actually have a enough to give the ground a reasonable soak is really good.

Back in December of 2007 we had a terrible hail storm that cut a narrow swath through the area and, unfortunately, I was in that narrow band.  Every house in my street was damaged; in fact there were so many houses damaged in the area that the SES was swamped with over 6000 calls for help.
This was AFTER it had melted a bit

Luckily my two sons were able to come and put tarps on my roof as well as helping out other houses in the street.  The damaged to the area exceeded $200 million - the damage to me was over $60,000.

Next door's roof getting covered
The hail was enormous!  I grabbed a couple as they melted then shoved one in the freezer so I could take it's picture .....lol.

My roof was almost totally destroyed, the solar panels for my hot water & electricity were broken as well as the hot water tank.  Every roof panel  (about 20) on my outdoor area was damaged and the garage roof and walls were full of holes.

 Damage inside was restricted to the hall, my bedroom and the kitchen but there was a lot there plus the stuff I had stored in the garage roof suffered lots of water damage.  My car was under cover but still took a lot of damage on the back. There were a number of cars in the open and all had all their windows smashed as well as dints on the body.

Christmas is fast catching up to us all who celebrate it; I give gifts to my family but haven't bothered with decorations for a number of years. I just don't see the sense of it when there is no-one to see them but the dog, cats and me; plus being a Buddhist, it has a different meaning for me than for Christians.

In fact Christmas hold sadness for me as I lost my Mum during the season and even after 17 years it is a reminder to me of precious things lost.  I suppose if I had someone to share the Season with it may not be as sad and filled with memories.

Still it is nice to see the grand children's faces when they receive gifts and the excitement they have is infectious; not sure what is happening on Christmas day but on Boxing Day I will visit my late husband's mother, I usually take my eldest grandson with me and we generally spend the day laughing about everything and nothing.  I can't believe he is growing so fast - 11 already!

I have been thinking of getting another dog .... Fozzie always had another dog to play with but for the last year and a half it has been just him.

If I do get another it will be from a Rescue shelter but it is hard to find one that will fit in with us - it will have to like cats and, of course, Fozz will have to like it.  I figured another female would be the way to go as his previous friends have been girls.

Was tempted with a lovely mastiff recently, she seemed perfect for us but some one beat me to her .....lol.
Photo of Tully

I am not a fan of little dogs, love big clumsy oafs ..... rotfl.

I like this sweet girl but they say nothing about her reaction to cats so will have to wait till they have had more time to assess her  .http://www.petrescue.com.au/listings/245500.

I also absolutely love Boxers - have had two of them and they are such characters - been scanning rescue groups in case on comes up.

But as I said the main thing will be - firstly if Fozz likes her and secondly - if she likes the cats.  So in the new year I will actively look for some cutie.

I recently won a 30min psychic reading from Cameron Bayliss and, although over the years I have had quiet a number of readings, I found this one to be rather accurate.

One or two things were incorrect but not in a way that was screamingly wrong.  I am not going to write what as said but it was personal to me and very revealing - some things mention were what the reader could not have possibly know - the final outcome was I felt things that had never been closed now were and I was emotional stronger because of it.

To quote Shakespeare's Hamlet : "There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy."

I don't think we can dismiss the unknown just because we don't understand or don't believe ....

Anyway, I enjoyed my reading and will wait and see if any of the other remarks made come to fruition.

No comments:

Post a Comment