Sunday, 22 September 2013

Excited .....

Getting excited ....

My very best friend in the whole world is coming to stay for a weekend in three weeks!

We 'met' online and it was many, many years before I actually met her in the flesh; she 'held' my hand through the keyboard while I was striving to save my sanity when my husband was alive, when I struggled after he died and then when things in my life got complicated and I was going through hell and depression.

I drove up to Newcastle to meet her and her great husband last year and now they are coming down here.

It is funny - I have always been a loner, even as a child and never had 'girlfriends'.  Always preferred my own company and had acquaintances but never anyone close.

Then when I was struggling to cope with things I started a blog.  L had been a member of an online quilting group that I also belong to and somehow she started reading my blog.  From the first post she commented on I knew there was something special about her; it must have been around 2000, not too sure exactly.  I left work in 2000 to act as full time carer after my husband got ill in 1994.  I did write before 2000 but not as much.

She was there, holding my hand and listening to my worries when things were going downhill with my husband and then when he finally died in 2008; she was the lifeline I clung to.

She was there when I got into a stupid relationship that was doomed from the start and when it degenerated into something nasty and I started slipping into hell she was there to hold a light while I was in the terrible dark abyss.   She supported me when that ex began stalking and she is still there sitting in my corner.  Never once has she judged, never once has she criticised, never once has she turned her back - not many could say that about a person.

If I had to pick someone who could be my sister - my soul sister - it would be her.  I am sure in our past lives we were together - either as friends or family - and I am sure in our future reincarnations we will be again.

My only regret is I didn't meet her until late in life - I wish I could have know her in my younger days; still we make up for lost time .... lol.

She is clever, witty, funny, beautiful!  She has faced such adversities and yet she can smile even when crying inside.  She has enough on her plate to last 10 lifetimes and yet she has time to help a friend pick up the pieces.

Her clever husband is an author - he has two books available through Amazon.  One is non-fiction and is a really great little book - With a Mind to Achieve - something to make you think. The other a fiction - full of action & romance - To the Honour of the Kings.

Check them out - you won't regret it, they are both very good reads.

1 comment: