Saturday, 8 June 2013

Entangled Particles .....


New hair colour - been a colourful year; rainbow, pink, red, etc and now purple and blue .... faded a lot since I had it done but I actually like the softer colour of it now.

I think I mentioned that I used to have lots of filled bookcases scattered through the house that I had to get rid of when my late husband was alive to make room for medical stuff like hospital beds and wheelchairs.  Anyway, my collection of books is slowly growing again; that is even though I have around 25,000 ebooks ... lol.

I do love the feel of holding a 'real' book.

Things had become a little unmanageable - I had piles of books resting on piles of books.  The bookcases I had were overflowing, with books stuffed behind others.

So I had been looking for a bookcase to take some of the overflow.  I figured a small three shelf unit would take care of things so I have been haunting the 2nd hand places - mainly the local Salvation Army store.

On Thursday I found one that I liked - it was bigger than I figured I would need but I thought if I did buy it then it would cover future acquisitions. Was cheap and in really good nick so I paid my $50 and it was mine.

Lined up younger son to pick it up early this morning on his ute then got to work with wood oil to clean it up and rearranged the shelves to suit my books.

Then spent an hour gathering all the overflow books and those piled to the ceiling.  Looked good and I still had 5 shelves left to fill as I bought books.

Then I wandered into another room and found more books - damn - down to three and bit shelves left.  Oh well, it will take a while to filled them.

Mmmm .... then I walked into my sewing room - big mistake; should have gone in there before I started looking for a bookcase.

Somehow another pile of books had magically appeared .  By the time I fitted them in there was only one shelf left.

Now I got to thinking - where had all those extra books come from?  I can't remember putting them in the sewing room.

Then it dawned on me - quantum entangled particles!

Let me explain my theory.

Quantum entanglement happens when particles interact physically then become separated. When one particle of a pair is measured it takes on a definite value and then other member of the pair will take on the appropriate correlated value.

So I figured that socks and books are quantumly entangled - when you wash a pair of socks and one disappears in the black hole inside the washing machine, its entangled pair - a book - mysteriously appears to take its place somewhere in the house where the washing machine is located.

Makes sense to me ....

1 comment:

  1. Quantum Entanglement! Oh I DO love that! Explains so much. lol Nice book case, though. :)

    ReplyDelete