Wednesday, 1 August 2012

Exciting Month Ahead ...

Busy few weeks coming up; lots of excitement in August.

This Saturday I have a Masterclass with Catherine O'Donnell; it is on Light and Shadow using charcoal  and the following Saturday I have one with Michael Herron.  His is on Dynamic Figure Drawing and also in charcoal.  Plus I also have my Life Drawing sketch club.

I love using charcoal so it will be very interesting to learn new techniques from two very accomplished artists.

Then I fly up to Queensland on the 17th for my elder son's wedding, so exciting.  Trying to get all the last minute things organised - think I have everything covered.

My DIL managed to find me some red shoes, the dressmaker is putting in the final beading on my top, hair appointment on the Wednesday before the wedding, Fozzie goes to be boarded on the Thursday and I pick him up the following Tuesday ... I hope he will be okay.  He has never been boarded before and he is such a gentle sook.

Talk him for a walk last Friday and he was saying hello to another dog that he has known for all his life when, for no reason at all it bit him on the muzzle!  Took him to the vets on Saturday, antibiotics and then back to the Vets on Tuesday to have him under anaesthetic and the bite washed out.  While he was under they cleaned his ears for me.

He looked so forlorn when I picked him up last night; very wobbly on his feet but he couldn't get out of there fast enough!

As I will only be away for a few nights I am not boarding the two cats - instead they will have the run of the house.  I will put out lots of food and two extra litter trays.

Calico won't worry - she spends 95% of her time inside - she has decided the water bed in the spare room was just for her and relaxes on it.

Mr Spot is usually wandering around outside most of the day - he pops inside every now and again for some biscuits or demands a cuddle or two.  Both of them are locked in the spare bedroom at sunset so it won't be a great hardship for either, although Spotty won't be impressed.

On top of the wedding excitement I have some stress as well.

While I am away my handsome grandson will be in hospital ... he is having his adenoids and tonsils out in the hopes that it will stop him getting every cold and sickness that passes by him.  His immune system is not great, and he gets sick so easily which of course puts stress on his heart.

I wish I was able to be in two places at once but I haven't figured out how to .... lol.

Still I know he is not looking forward to the actual op but is very keen to get stuck into the ice cream afterwards.  Thank goodness won't be as long an op as when he had his open heart surgery.

My son and his new wife (to be ... lol) are coming down to Sydney in October for two weeks so I will have some quality time with them.  They are also going to have grandson for a weekend, the weekend that the beautiful Madeleine gets Baptised, it will be wonderful having both my children, their partners and my grandchildren around me. On top of that my new DIL has a gorgeous boy (4 1/2) so I will have another grand child (by proxy ... lol)!

2 comments:

  1. Weddings are the best of happy times; especially family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sooziii, some how when you had to change your blog I had lost your new one but have it back now.
    All of that sounds really exciting. Hope you have a wonderful time at the wedding. Grandson is so much more grown up now he will will be fine and you will be quickly back.
    Enjoy your art classes.

    ReplyDelete