Friday, 20 July 2012

Yipee!!!

Feeling better - been a stressful couple of days.

Doc decided that there was something strange about the pain in my back - where it was and the type of pain plus the fact it has continued for 9 weeks and has not responded to treatment.

He thought that it would be a good idea to have scans as he was concerned there may have been a growth on my spine that was causing all the problems.

I have to admit that it scared me - I have had three brushes with cancer over the years (breast, uterine and melanoma) and in the back of my mind I thought "could I be lucky a fourth time?"

Turns out I could be - no growth!!!!!

Instead three discs are badly degenerated from a car accident I was involved in nearly 30 years ago.  Doc is pretty sure that is what is causing the pain - it is in the same area.  So now I have to have some physio to learn pain management.

He offered cortisone injections but I said no.  I will save that in case years down the track it becomes unbearable.

At least I know what I am dealing with now.

1 comment:

  1. Great news though sorry for your back pain. Honestly, this has been a rough week in blogging community!

    ReplyDelete