Tuesday, 17 July 2012

Candles, Chocolate, Cream and Coffee


My birthday - 63 - feeling blah .... lol.

Sun is shining and I am sitting in the sunshine with Fozzie and with Calico in her favourite position wrapped around my neck.

It would have been nice to wake up to lots of presents -maybe some yummy cake, some chocolates and flowers ...

... but instead I had the guy who came to mow the grass on the council strip but I guess we can't have everything in life .... lol.

This is what happens when you don't have people in your life so you make do with what you have, so tomorrow I am going to drive up to Penrith and buy myself some deliciously decadent cake and some equally fattening chocolates and some flowers.

I love Ferrero Roche - like eating a jar of Nutella but with chocolate ... lol.  Yellow roses - beautiful and who could resist a French Vanilla slice?

Or maybe some fresh strawberries and melted chocolate?  Mmmmm

Or better yet... I could drive up to Windsor - there is a little lolly shop there that makes it's own fudge.  It is delicious. I am sure I could find a patisserie around there and somewhere that sells flowers.

If nothing else I could find a nice coffee shop and have a latte and a cake ... lol.

Or I could return via Penrith and head to the Penrith Art Gallery - spend some time looking at their latest exhibit.

Or I could just scrap all the fattening delicious stuff and head up to Falconbridge to the Norman Lindsay Gallery - haven't been there for many years but I do love wandering around the grounds and the Gallery there.
.....................................................................................................

I am supposed to go back to the Drs for more laser treatment on my back but I just don't think it is worth it - after 5 goes it is no better despite the Doc saying it usually only takes 1 or 2.  I am thinking it is arthritis and I will just have to get used to it.

Woke up in the middle of the night with an idea for a new art project - actually a sculpture using plaster bandages (the ones used when you break an arm or a leg) over a framework of wire, newspaper and gaffa tape.  Figured out how to do it in my sleep .... lol .... now I just have to implement the idea in real life.

I often get good ideas when I am asleep and can generally wake up so I remember them.  Occasionally I have rummaged for a pencil and paper to sketch out an idea but usually just waking and recalling it is enough to set it firmly in my head.

Well, the sun has moved from my cosy spot; Fozz has left to find it and Calico has wandered off to nibble on some biscuits so I think I will make myself a coffee and grab my latest book - Karin Slaughter's latest 'Criminal' and go in search of another sunny spot.

No comments:

Post a Comment